Thursday, June 27, 2013

The Westin Governor Morris Hotel, Morristown NJ

I just wanted to get these last two weddings up before the baby arrives...which I think is going to be very soon and a few days ahead of her due date...good thing I have a few weeks before my next wedding...then little baby girl is going to work!...meaning she'll be hanging out in the baby bjorn ;)

So there'll be no stories here...just the basics!

The colors were yellow, green, and light pink..which I wished was more on the peachy side, but flowers are nature and their exact color can't always be controlled...I could have used regular peach roses, but the bride was clear that she didn't want too many regular roses, so I had to make the decision between peach regular roses, or the light pink spray roses which have a softer feel to them...the boutonnieres were yellow spray roses..


Boutonniere of yellow calla and pink spray roses for the groom and corsages of calla, yellow cymbidium orchids, and pink spray roses for the mothers and grandmothers.


For the ceremony two very large arrangements of white hydrangea, yellow peonies (which my camera does no justice to the color of at all....these were amazing), super green roses, white roses, yellow and pink spray roses and green ruscus.



The bride carried a bouquet of white peonies, white roses, pink and yellow spray roses...and just a note to brides...if you want you bouquet to be perfectly round you should mention that to your florist, have it in the contract, as some flowers lend better to that shape than others.  My bride was unhappy that her bouquet wasn't perfectly round...spray roses grow on one stem at different lengths so they give more texture to a bouquet...there is no way to have them all the same length.  I remade her bouquet, and all the bridesmaids bouquets, on site and did my best to get them to be perfectly round, but I still don't think she was happy with it.  These pictures here are all the before pictures..I didn't have a chance to take pictures of the remade bouquets.

 If this was something I had known before hand I would have suggested different flowers and would have made the bouquet exactly as she wanted...my priority is always creating the designs as the bride sees them..so speak up and let your florist know exactly what you like, it will be appreciated!



The Bridesmaids carried bouquets of yellow cymbidium orchids, super green roses, and yellow spray roses.









Pew Bows:  Yellow peonies, pink spray roses, yellow calla, and green ruscus...so strange that the yellow peonies came out washed out in these photos....they were so vibrant in person.




Reception Centerpieces:  I've done different variations of these....and they are so popular because you get a lot of bang for the buck....a large centerpiece without the huge price tag a large centerpiece usually has...not to say they are "cheap", but they are when you compare them to other types of large centerpieces.

White dendrobium orchids, white hydrangea, curly willow branches



I just bought these lighted bases (below), and they can be rented as can all the vases, and usually this is what I do with large centerpieces....imagine your guests trying to lug this or the centerpiece above out of the room at the end of the night!  So if that is a priority for you, that your guests can take home the centerpieces this might not be the option for you.  But price wise submerged flowers are more affordable.

So these white dendrobium orchids are so bright because there is an LED light under the vase lighting it up from below.







One more wedding to post before my baby break....then I'll be back to work July 12th with a wedding at the Eventi Hotel in NYC.

No comments: