Monday, January 21, 2013

Sheraton, Parsippany NJ

A perfectly winter white wedding...and the bride stuck to her guns in every aspect of the design for reception....she had a vision.  

And when it all came together it really was a vision.  While I've done other 30+ table events, this was the most demanding in what needed to be done on site.  I knew this going in, so I hired the staff I needed, rented the vans..yes that's plural..vans, and went over the day time after time in my head and on paper to make sure nothing was overlooked.    26 boxes of flowers to unpack...17 of just hydrangea, which are individually wrapped (over 300 stems)...it took me 4 hrs!  Thank goodness I recently bought this insane stem chopping device, it would literally take your hand off..it's like an old school paper cutter on steroids.

You'll see all the flowers were white..white orchids, white roses, white stephanotis, white hydrangea, and white anemone....with the dark purple center ;)














On site 18, 6 ft trees had branches to be arranged, flowers to attach to them, and votives to hang from them.  One member of my staff had experience making these from a wedding in August so I left him to direct.   I left my staff to this while I worked on the Chuppah.....





 An elaborately decorated Chuppah, which after much discussion with the bride I was able to convince her that the branch idea with the hydrangea would fit in perfectly with the rest of the designs...(the original plan was to cover the Chuppah with white fabric, but then there was the issue of having the fabric match what the drapers...(not Don and family...ha!  Sorry about that) were using to drape the whole back wall of the reception room.    I've used my Chuppah 4 times so far and this was the most weight...and the flowers across the front were seriously heavy...it's held...and I think the best it's looked.  I am waiting on the professionals pics, I just couldn't get the lighting right.  The bride expressed how important this was to her because it represents family and the life her and her husband will begin together, so that was my baby...it took over 2hrs to get it to look like this.  







The floral swag was then removed and used on the head table.







The only disappointment of the day was the anemone boutonnieres.  I've done them before with no problem...and they looked beautiful for a few hours, but then wilted...boo.  As always though,  I had the just in case flowers...and between working on the Chuppah and having one of my staff help we remade 12 boutonnieres!  






With 12 bridesmaids the bride had plenty of eyes checking up on us to make sure everything was staying on track and looking perfect.   I was so happy when, even without them being on their stands the bride was almost in tears when she saw her white hydrangea centerpieces, and she was happy with how they had turned out.   She was a tough cookie and if she was unhappy she would have let me know, no doubt!  




 I purchased the stands just for this event...and it was a major investment.  When I ordered them I thought they were nice...when they arrived...(1 month late due to Sandy) I was over the moon happy with the quality and durability of them.  So if you are looking for silver stands for your centerpieces look no further!  






Thanks to all my staff who worked before hand and on site to bring all of this together!  

1 comment:

Unknown said...

TRACEY! Thank you again for everything, the flowers were a dream come true! Can you email me those last few pictures of the bouquets that you have posted? I love those shots! - Mallory