Monday, December 26, 2011

Waterside Restaurant, North Bergen NJ


The Waterside Restaurant has an amazing view of the NYC skyline from NJ.
The wedding took place mid-September, in my opinion the best month to get married. The weather was beautiful. And since I wasn't permitted in the site until about 1hr before the reception I had some time to kill. I strolled along the waterfront, relaxed on a bench, took in the beautiful breeze and sunshine.
This wedding was dramatic and the bride had every last detail worked out. The reception was still being put together when I left, but seriously every last person working had some detail they were responsible for and everyone was scurrying around to make sure it looked perfect. And the cake...wait until you see my pictures of the cake!

This little bee landed on the bouquet as I was taking pictures.


Drama was on the menu for the day....and feathers were definitely called for! The Bridesmaids bouquets to the right were white spray roses and roses, either Akito..which are the pink, and Tibet, which are the white.


The Brides Bouquet was made of white roses, Juliette Garden Roses and White Dahlias.


Each bouquet had ribbed black ribbon with a cameo shaped rhinestone accent.

I can't wait until the end of the post to show you the cake so here it is!

I can't believe how real these spray roses looked...true artistry..if I knew who the baker was I would give them props!

The Bride really thought of every little detail. Including remembering that her vendors would probably be working straight through the day without much time to stop to eat. When I dropped off the bouquets I received this.....and a few hours later it really hit the spot! Inside was some candy, water, and a granola bar.

The more pictures I post the more I remember about the day. When I went to pick up the flowers things were a complete mess. My white hydrangea, that had been ordered before hand, ended up in someone else's hands somehow....this was a day where there was no white hydrangea to be found in the entire flower market...the only way you could have gotten it was either to order it before hand...or steal someone else's order! Then the roses I ordered were totally the wrong shade...they were more orange. So think...black ribbon, orangish roses = Halloween!..So the rush was off to try to find the right color, which luckily I did. Whew...crisis averted. The bride was very disappointed about the hydrangea. The best option I could go with was antique. I think in the end it all looked beautiful, but to a bride who had a very specific vision I know it was disappointing.

Since the site had a bridal shower booked for the afternoon that ran long I had to go to extreme measures to finish. There was no way I could make and travel with the candelabras all put together...so I found an out of the way spot in the parking lot to work...you can see the Waterside in the background.

There were three types of centerpieces for 12 tables...

Roses in a low black vase


Roses and Hydrangea on Candelabras


Roses and Hydrangea encircling lamps which really lit up for the reception

It really, really bugs me that the lamp shades were crooked in these pictures!

And for the sweetheart table pomanders of spray roses with a strand of crystals hanging from the bottom.


Coming soon....Two more weddings to post for 2011!