Saturday, November 27, 2010

The Stone House, Warren NJ


First I know I've been slow in posting. I can't even believe how swamped I've been over the past month and I even had a point where I was embarrassingly behind on emailing brides and even had to put out an automatic response apologizing! But hopefully the wait was worth it because it was so much fun creating everything for this wedding which was on November 6th.

Sometimes when I am in the thick of a wedding I don't realize how beautiful something is that I have created. My husband always gives me a raised eyebrow look when I emerge from the basement with a bouquet and ask him what he thinks. The flowers I was working with here were not the typical white, pink fluffy flowers. It was a ton of fun working with them and I was really pleased with how things turned out, especially now looking back on the pictures.

The reception was held at an amazing Frank Lloyd Wright inspired venue called The Stone House, owned by the same people who own the Liberty House in Jersey City. It's about 1/2 hour from my home but I feel like I'm transported to the mountains in California every time I go there. Seriously, you have to stop by here for dinner, the food is innovative, original, and amazing!

The Bridal Bouquet was white roses, patience garden roses, scabiosa pods (these are so cool), ligustrum berries, and seeded eucalyptus.






The Bridesmaids carried a bouquet of white roses and seeded eucalyptus.




The Boutonnieres are probably my favorite of all the boutonnieres I've made so far. Fiddlehead fern, with scabiosa pods, seeded eucalyptus, and these really funky ball things with furry 'leaves' if you can even call them that.




The centerpieces were completely different and were almost edible! With purple artichoke, succulents, pink sedum, green kale, green hydrangea, scabiosa pods, seeded eucalyptus, and dusty miller I was worried they looked like salads! In the end though I really loved how they turned out.





Hopefully I'll be able to post my wedding from November 13th tonight too! Happy Flower Hunting!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

TRACEY: YOU ARE THE BEST! I honestly cannot thank you enough. I am not sure I will ever be able to tell you how much I loved everything you did for my wedding. I have never been more blown away by flowers than the bouquets, boutineers, and center pieces you created. I knew you would do an incredible job, however you managed to exceed all expectations. Everyone was so impressed with your work and commented on how much they loved the flowers. Jose and I still have 2 centerpieces going strong!
By the way, your creations were listed as one of our photographer's favorites on her blog:
http://www.jaydgardinablog.com/2010/11/good-idea-add-berries-herbs-to-autumn.html