Thursday, November 4, 2010

A Hindu Catholic Wedding, West Orange NJ



When I think back to the wedding, which was last weekend, the first thing that comes to my mind is how absolutely gorgeous the bride looked. She dressed in traditional clothing, it was breathtaking. ( The other thing that comes to my mind is how adorable it was that her groom, and their two sons were all wearing converse!) I am anxiously awaiting her return from the honeymoon so I can get some pictures of her with her bouquet. She was running just a tad behind and had to rush, rush off to the ceremony before I had a chance to steal a picture.

The brides bouquet was simple Orange Voodoo and Cherry Red Roses. And the bridesmaids bouquets were small and sweet bunches of the same color roses.












This wedding, which was my first Hindu ceremony, gave me the opportunity to make garlands. From what I've read it represents unity between the couple. The bride asked me to make them a little shorter than they traditionally are.




Some Boutonniere shots



I started labeling them after a wedding where I noticed that some of the groomsmen had on the pin on corsages I had made for the grandmothers...I guess I should have known better dropping them off to a group of guys who were clearly enjoying themselves before the ceremony!



Now for my favorite part of the wedding...the orange hydrangea centerpieces. "Orange Hydrangea" you say, "It doesn't exist!" Well you are 100% right. Orange hydrangea does not occur naturally..it occurs in my backyard in 40 degree temps, on a windy night, with several cans of flower spray paint. This was also a first for me, spraying flowers...and something I thought I would never do....flowers are beautiful on their own...why spray paint them? Well after I created these arrangements and they were on the set tables, the room looked amazing. And when I spray hydrangea orange again, for a wedding next weekend, I will do it with confidence and happily, knowing that it will look incredible.


Finished arrangements in the truck ready to be put on display, I also included hypericum berries, circus roses (which are yellow/orange in the center and red towards the ends), and marigolds.





I'll leave you with pictures of the ceremony site, and the thousands of rose petals strewn on the aisle. Loved, Loved doing the flowers for this wedding. I joked with the bride that she is going to be bored now having all of the wedding planning behind her!



A small disclaimer, I cannot take credit for the arrangements for the ceremony, I was only responsible for the rose petals. The beautiful Indian decor was provided by Abhisek Decorators, out of Iselin NJ.




1 comment:

amygoround said...

Tracey, these flowers are BEAUTIFUL! I love the colors, including the orange hydrangea. If I'd only heard that someone spray-painted hydrangeas orange, I would have been horrified, and expect something messy and tacky. But what you pulled off was stunning. Nice work!