Sunday, September 5, 2010

DUMBO





Down Under the Manhattan Bridge

Another hot, hot summer day.

And while the ceremony site was amazing, the Manhattan Bridge to the left, the Brooklyn Bridge to the right, I worried for the bride in the crazy heat. These are some pictures I took of the ceremony site after it was dressed up with red Gerbera Daisies and bright green ribbon.

Her fiance brought her red Gerbera daisies with the black center when he flew to see her (I can't remember if it was a first date or not), and had a very difficult time getting through security with the liquid in the water piks on the end of the stems. They were going to make him leave the flowers all together but he convinced them to just let him dump the water out. All the trouble he went through was very sweet. So it was very important for them to have these flowers as part of their wedding day.




The heat made me very nervous for the brides all white bouquet. On a cool or even warm day a white bouquet is ok as long as you treat it well. White flowers show their bumps and bruises very easily. But on a hot day white flowers, 95 degree temps, and the sun do not make for a happy bouquet. I left my bride with specific instructions to keep it cool and in water for as long as possible. I haven't heard from her and am hoping everything turned out fine.

Here is her lovely bouquet before I left to drop it off. It was made of hydrangea, freesia, gardenia, and large and small calla lilies...My husband was laughing at me as I took these pictures...the green in the background is actually the weed patch currently growing next to our front door...in the future I see a patio of slate with moss growing in between...but for now...weeds.




I was really happy with how the boutonnieres and the little pomander for the flower girl turned out.





Small bunches of daisies for the bridesmaids and a wristlet of freesia for the mothers...



The reception was held in the Dumbo Lofts. Place card table was very cute....they were paper airplanes...I wonder if they 'used' them during the reception?



There were two centerpieces, small green ones with green hydrangea, spider mums, and small pom mums.






And tall tree's with hanging candles and white dendrobium orchids. These vases were perfect to give the arching effect the bride was looking for. And being about 6ft tall they definitely filled in the open loft space.








My Next wedding, Heather's Wedding! Sept. 18th Brigantine, NJ.



No comments: