Sunday, July 11, 2010

The Heldrich, New Brunswick



It has been a very slow start to the summer and as I was in my studio making the brides bouquet (listening to my 2 1/2 year old stomping around like an elephant upstairs) I was happy to be preparing for a wedding, spending some quiet time with my flowers.

As a graduate of Rutgers University it was back to my old stomping grounds. Although, from all the work that's been done there, especially in that zone between Rutgers College and Cook that none of us would dare venture, I actually got a little turned around trying to find the hotel.

The Boutonnieres were made of green mini chrysanthemums, green hypericum berries, and mint leaves (which were fresh out of my own herb garden). The groom's stood out with the addition of a green rose.




Grandma had a corsage of mint leaves, hypericum berries, a green rose and a calla lily (The name of this beautiful dark purple calla is Naomi... and no I don't name my flowers...it's the color name ;)



The Mothers each carried an bouquet of a single XXL White Calla Lily.


The Maid of Honor carried a bouquet of green roses (Green Tea and Super Green, these are the ones with the frilly looking petals), purple roses (Cool Water), and white roses (Tibet).


The Bridal Bouquet was so much fun to make. The Bride had sent me a picture to base it off of and I think I nailed it...toot toot! (...that's me being a cornball and tooting my own horn!) Included in the bouquet was green, purple, and white roses, fiddle head fern (the funky curly thing sticking up out of it), green cymbidium orchids, dark purple callas, and white and purple bi-color calla's (named Picasso). I had to include a close up picture.





The centerpieces competed for the largest ones I have ever made...I loved how they turned out. And some of them played double duty at the alter. I'm hoping the photographer, Kay English, (click on her name to check out her work...it's seriously some beautiful photography, she is very talented, and very friendly) got some better shots, it was really dark in the ballroom.




There were 20 tables...1/2 had the tall centerpieces and 1/2 had submerged dendrobium orchids with a light in the bottom and floating candle on top.

(And of course I had some fun with the little amount of flowers I had leftover....


And as a reward for our hard work my assistant (aka my husband..who I met at RU...and who lets me call him my assistant on jobs so I look more professional...very cute) and I went right over to the Greece Trucks and got ourselves a Chicken Gyro with hot sauce "extra juicy". My husbands exact words were "hello my old friend". Now that I think of it I should have gotten a Fat Koko!...they used to call me "station wagon" at the trucks because I drove an old '78 dodge aspen station wagon....ahh I could go on and on....well at least I can get that Fat Koko in two weeks. My next wedding is at the end of July at Rutgers Gardens.


No comments: