Saturday, September 12, 2009

The Peacock Wedding



The Peacock Wedding

I worked on a wedding for Sept. 5th and started reminiscing on a wedding I did back in March.  This was a sister, sister act.  I worked with the one sister in March for what was dubbed the "Peacock Wedding" and more recently with the other sister.  Both sisters were great to work with and had fun and creative ideas for their floral designs.  And both weddings rank up at the top of my favorite designs.  

So before I post about Joan's wedding (Sept. 5, 2009) I'm going to post the peacock pictures from her sisters wedding back in March.   Jen wanted purple, especially darker purples, which can actually be a difficult flower to find in abundance.  Roses come in shades of lavender but don't ever really go into dark purple.  So instead I used black magic roses, which are a very, very, dark red...rather than go towards the more pastel color roses.  They actually show up a little brighter in the pictures than they are in person.

These are the centerpieces....and yes the peacock feathers were in everything...so much fun!

Roses, Lysianthus, Dendrobium Orchids, and a purple filler flower


The brides ceremony was at the same location as the wedding...a beautiful old home in New York State.  So of course peacock feathers had to make an appearance here.




Bridesmaids Bouquets



The boutonnieres

And last but not least the bridal bouquet, which also had purple Iris's and Tulips


I loved this bouquet...I just thought it turned out so cool.

1 comment:

A Stranger In The Sky said...

Wonderful :)
I'm just reading some blogs of people I don't know... And I wanted to let you know that I think you're talented.

Excuse me, my english is very bad, that's because I'm french ! ;)