Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Peonies, Peonies



Peonies are probably one of the most requested wedding flowers, but if you are trying to get them out of season you'll end up paying a ton...and getting flowers that just aren't as big as they are when in season...All in all you'll probably be let down.

When is in season?  Mid-April is the start and I've seen them in the flower district 
up until mid-June.

I love working with them and this past May I created floral designs for a wedding in which the bride only needed flowers for the ceremony.

The Brides Bouquet consisted of white peonies...with fuchsia specs towards the center, snap dragons, and light pink Peonies.
This bouquet smelled amazing!



The Bridesmaids carried bouquets of fuchsia peonies



A cute pomander for the flower girl..a great alternative when the ceremony site will not allow petals to be thrown on the aisle.

Carnations and Antique Pink Roses

And Cream Spray Roses for the boutonnieres and corsages
The Bride was going for an English Garden feel for the ceremony and her pictures were taken in Rutgers Gardens...I'm sure they were amazing...I'll have to contact her and see if she can send me some!






No comments: