Monday, August 3, 2009

Fun with Flowers



I love going into the flower district in NYC to buy supplies and pick up flowers.  
It's early in the morning, the city is just waking up, and the gorgeous flowers are such a contrast to the hard edge the city can sometimes have.
And I love to play around with designs.
So here is some of my fun.

I used hydrangea (which was a light green with some spots of hot pink) Hot Lady and Hot Princess Roses with loops of bear grass to create these designs.

First a bouquet


And a possible matching centerpiece



I also had some yellow roses, which I can't remember their actual name.  But I thought they looked great with the small green chrysanthemums and a mix of a few types of pink roses.
(Bugatti, Purple Cezanne, Hot Lady and Hot Princess)

Here was my vision for the bridal bouquet, with green cymbidium orchids



The Bridesmaids would carry similar bouquets
Add Yellow Roses
Minus Green Cymbidiums


And for the mothers...


And all three together



This is just a little something I made with some red roses I picked up.


Hope all of your wedding planning is going smoothly!  Remember to have fun with flowers too;)

No comments: